Allison Johnson MA LMFT
Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Partners/Cigna, MA (Medicaid), UCare, PrefferedOne, Medica/UHC/SelectCare/Aetna
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT #2122)
Allison received her Bachelors of Arts Degree in Psychology at Lake Forest College in 2007. She then received her Masters of Arts Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy in 2009. She completed her requirement for licensure for the Minnesota State Board of Marriage and Family Therapy in 2014.
Allison has five years of experience providing in-home therapy for children/teens and their families. While in that position, Allison provided family therapy for families struggling with various stressors. In particular, she worked with: children who have been adopted, have attachment disorders, ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, blended families, trauma and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. During that time, she also worked with parents with mental illness that require more assistance with parenting.
Since coming to Ascend Family Institute in September of 2014, Allison has continued to specialize in working with individuals and families with: anxiety disorders (both in children and adults), attachment issues, depression, trauma, Autism, and Dissociative Identity Disorder.
Allison’s main passion is working with children, teens and adults who experienced trauma. Allison utilizes Somatic Experiencing® for treatment of trauma. Somatic Experiencing utilizes the mind/body connection to overcome trauma in a holistic way. More information about Somatic Experiencing® can be viewed at their website http://traumahealing.org/.
- Bessel A. van der Kolk's, M.D. training: New Frontiers in Trauma Treatment
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training: Beginning 1
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training: Beginning 2
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training: Beginning 3
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training: Intermediate 1
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training: Intermediate 2
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training: Intermediate 3
- Moving Mountains: A Mind-Body Tool Kit to Calm Explosive, Reactive and Anxious Children
- DC: 0-3
- Greenspan Floortime Approach for Play Therapy for children with Autism
- Managing the Pitfalls and Dilemmas in Treating Children and Families Experiencing High Conflict
- AFCC half-day conference, Court-Involved Therapy for Young Children: When, What, How.
- ADHD Secrets: Interventions that Work
- Filial Play Therapy: Teaching Parents to Help Their Children Heal